Thursday 17 August 2023

Diploma Module 1 Chapter 6 3rd dyeing session

 It took me 3 different dyeing sessions to achieve the result I'm more or less happy with.

I started by dyeing different fabrics, all coton (coton poplin, scrim, linen) with Procion warm yellow, then put these in the dirty pot (water kept from Eco printing with vinegar and rust water in it), heated it up and left the fabric in it for about 1 hour. I then gave it a good rinse and as I still wasn't happy, overdyed it with lemon yellow


This gave me a mixture of a greenish yellow with grey  in it.

While looking for suitable threads I also found small pieces of felt and a wool jumper with the right colors



Different threads in my stock, some where recently bought at the Festival of Quilts, some I already had. I can't wait to start stitching



No comments: