Saturday 4 November 2023

Diploma Module 1 - Chapter 7 Colour and Texture in Stitch

 For most of these samples I referred to the samples in the textures chapter. There might not seem to be a connection to the research pictures but I tried to reflect that weathered look of the industrial site.

Again this was an exercise where I could have produced more samples. The choice is so vast when it comes to the techniques available. I tried to vary the supporting fabrics and play with the different colours and textures.

I certainly have a certain preference for some of the samples like samples no. 4, 11, 14 when it comes to the machine stitched ones, this might be because of the combination of the painted backgrounds with the stitching. But I also like the rich textural effect reached with the automatic pattern in sample 12 or even sample 16 with the combination of needle punch and stitch. This opens up new perspectives that I would like to explore. 

1


2


3


4


5


6


7


8


9


10


11


12


13


14


15


16



17



No comments: