Monday 14 March 2022

Module 6 - Finished piece - Wall-hanging

For some reasons I can't explain, the last blog post on my finished piece has disappeared and it's not possible to restore it as far as I know.

The following pics however are of better quality as they were mainly taken outside in daylight and therefore reflect the true colors.

I don't want to go into details about the different techniques piece used unless I'm asked to.

Here's a quick recap on the finished size and methods: 90x106 cm
The piece was entirely done with polyester organza which enabled me to use different heat treatment methods (heat gun and soldering iron) to achieve a more distressed look at the edges.
The main stitches used for the outer edge are cable stitch with some straight stitch. The middle rectangle is done with pleated organza embellished onto coton organdi with the orange gathering threads left in place for color contrast. 
The piece was treated lightly with the heat gun which gave more movement to it.
















 

Here the piece was put onto some frozen water


prepared side strips before heat treatment and stitching

No comments: