Sunday 10 January 2021

Module 6-Chapter 5-Free Machine Stitchery to Interpret Drawings

PART I























































PART 2 - working on transparen material













This is a little experiment I did to see how the same technique with cellophane would behave when working three-dimensionally. For this the cellophane was treated in the same way than in the samples before, only that this time I did a long strip. This was then folded to form a wavy pattern fixed onto a fabric that was reinforced with iron-on stabilizer. In between each wave the cellophane was stitched to the fabric background.
















Working on transparent material needs even more experimentation. My favourite samples are definitely those worked on cellophane. I love the shine of this material, the stability but at the same its capacity to be shaped and being able to hold this shape.

PART 3 - woring on scrim








































No comments: