Wednesday 28 July 2021

Module 6 - Translating A5 into A3 colored designs

 In this design exercise I used the original papers, except for the reverse papers.

I realized that there's not a lot (enough?) contrast in terms of complementary colors, in my paper samples, except for sample "b". This is something I might have to adjust when translating into fabric and in case I can't achieve enough contrast in texture and value.

Translating the black and white squares into a rectangle was a bit challenging and somehow changed the look of the colored samples 


Sample a: I'm quite attracted by this simple design as it would give me the opportunity to translate the gradual bleaching and decay in the different stripes

 


Sample b: This is a more complex design, which I find quite attractive. I replaced the background paper by a painted cellophane. On the last two pics I put a colored paper under the cellophane which gives more depth to the background. 






Sample f: the paper used in the first part of this sample shows different textures which makes it more interesting. This sample doesn't really speak to me, maybe because I couldn't see its potential until now 





Sample n: blowing this sample up to a A3 size didn't make it better. I find that this design is not very attractive and I can't really say why, maybe because of the big central part😏




Sample l: in this last sample I used a new paper consisting of a screen printed fish pattern which is supposed to symbolize the rich animal life in the coral reefs. Although the design is very simple and few papers were used, I quite like it.









No comments: